Donor funded projects have stringent guidelines for procurement which must be adhered to by the beneficiaries fo the funds to vaoid conflicting with the donors. Therefore, this course will introduce you to the trends and requirements for international procurement as they relate to donor funded projects. Participants will learn more about modern international procurement management, and learn how to construct and illustrate an integrated procurement program for their projects.
By the end of this training program, participants will be able to:
- Demostrate an understanding of basic concepts of the procurement and outsourcing processes and variables.
- Demostrate an understanding of Procurement problems and solutions including creating a competetive advantage for the organization through procurement, supplier amanagement and outsourcing.
- Demostrate an understanding of procurement capabilities and options, including leverating independent import/export brokers, managing multiple sources for a single good, and management of inbound logistics channels.
- Understand the make-or-buy decision-making process.
- Understand the international procurement and foreign outsourcing of goods and services.
- Understanding of the negotiation process as it relates to procurement and outsourcing business processes.
- Demostrate and understand the administration of procurement processes and integrated systems such enterprises resource planning.
Procurement Officers of Public Institutions, Officers in Public procurement and Disposal entities, Head of Department, Finance Officers, Economists, Members of Procurement Committees, Contractors and all those involved in Private Public Partnerships