The modernm working environment requires that every individual acquires management skills. People who lack these skills have failed to pursue bigger dreams, failed to work in teams, and they become their own obstacle in career growth and development. Management Skills Development (MSD) for secretaries and administrative assistants has specifically been designed to enhance special capabilities that this cadre of staff requires if they are to be an asset to their organization. Participants will be taken through management principles, and given an opportunity to reflect on the changing role of a secretary/administrative assistant. They will be spurred onto another level of creative thinking, and be challenged to think of means of making their jobs more appealing.
- To understand how you can plan for taking more responsibility
- How to stay one step ahead get things done before you're asked and avoid stressful "Crisis" situations.
- Examine and Understand your changing role
- Win-win negotiating: what it really means, and how to achieve it, constitently and easily
- Leading when you're not in a position of authority
- Identifying and clarifying your priorities; know what to do when dozens of people and tasks demand your attention
All those executive secretaries, Executive/Personal Secretaries and Administrative/Personal assistants and all those who would like to move proactive in supporting their managers and enhancing their contribution tot he organisation in public/private sector