The course introduces delegates to the essential regulations relating to the procurement process. There have been increasing numbers of audits regarding public sector spending and this has slightly affected how organizations procure goods and services.
This course will equip delegates with directives relevant to the procurement process, public procurement rules and other legislation that directly impacts procurement procedures. Participants will also learn best practices associated with public procurement and supply chain management and how to apply them to their daily procedures and operations. This programme which is work-oriented is designed to equip officers of the Purchasing and Supply Cadre with techniques to enable them to perform efficiently in a global changing environment.
Upon successful completion of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand supply chain management and procurement concepts and processes.
- Plan for procurement and implement an appropriate Supply Chain Management strategy.
- Source the right suppliers
- Manage contracts effectively and manage inventory processes
- Describe unique characteristics of public sector procurement.
- Understand and function within the bidding committees.
- Explain the rationale for competitive bidding and identify conditions under which these alternatives should be used
- Describe the unique aspects of ethics in public sector procurement and supply chain management
- Identify unique challenges and opportunities associated with procurement and supply chain management by the federal government.